Dolphins can be found all over the world and in different environments
The Amazon River is home to four species of freshwater dolphin, found nowhere else on Earth
Noise pollution from the oil and gas industry and underwater construction is a serious threat to dolphins and their way of life
They're extremely fast in short bursts, up to 30 mph!
They love to blow bubbles
6. Dolphins are very chatty and social
7. They are very intelligent
8. They can turn off half of their brain
9. Dolphins can jump as high as 20 feet out of the water!
10. Dolphins use echolocation to find food and navigate
11. The “killer whale”, or Orca, is actually a dolphin
12. Dolphins have two stomachs
13. They can swim up to 100 miles a day
14. Dolphins can live up to 50 years!
15. There are around 40 species of dolphins
Dolphin Research Center https://dolphins.org/